Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I do not know what pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis means. Don't use it in a sentence while talking to me.

ugh. This bothers me. Why do some people like to use these huge words that no one but whomever is speaking would comprehend unless they happen to have a copy of the Miriam-Webster pocket dictionary?
I'm thirteen. I am smart for my age. But I'm not smart enough to know some words. I have heard other thirteen year olds and twelve year olds give me these words that I never heard of.
guess what I did after hearing that sentence?
I went online to Miriam-Webster and searched the word.
You know when someone uses those words you don't understand, and you go all like "yeah" or "I know"
If you don't, never mind. But I do. Or I ask what the word means.

I don't know why people want to make it so complicated! I just want to know what their saying. I am interested in your conversation, until you start confusing me with all these big words only a college professor would know.
In case you didn't notice, I am not a college professor.

For example, when typing my title, I wanted to search the longest word in the english language that also appears in the dictionary.
When Wiking it...
things got all complicating. Don't believe me? Click here and you will wonder why there is a huge article on it. I know I did.
That's why Wikipedia freaks me out.


Stick to the ten letter words [as a maximum.] Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment